Who I Am, What I Do & Why I Do It
Hello, I'm Charlie Lowry-Corry (B.A. (Hons.), ACMT, MSMA, MCHP), Director of a Wellness Centre and Leading Advanced Clinical & Sports Massage & Movement Practitioner based in Alresford (where I live) and Farnham (where I own my business).
I'm passionate about preventative healthcare, fitness, mental and emotional wellbeing, and helping people in my local community get out of pain, feel less stressed and moving better!
Alongside being an Advanced Clinical & Sports Massage (Level 5; degree Level 6 in progress), Movement & Pilates practitioner, I'm also Director of The Wellbeing Space in Farnham (Surrey) - a multi-disciplinary preventative health centre & wellness studio.
Now more than ever, we’re acutely aware of the pivotal role prevention plays in our quest for good health. As the quote goes, 'it is health that is real wealth...'.
For me, this wasn't so when I was working in the fascinating - but intense - world of television, working as a Documentary Factual Producer for the likes of BBC, ITV & Channel 4. I found that preventative musculoskeletal treatments coupled with fitness (Pilates, Crossfit/Olympic weightlifting, cycling, swimming & running in particular) to be the key to rapidly improving my functional health and mental wellbeing after one too many burnouts - sadly seen by many as a badge of honour in the media world.
This was a lightbulb moment for me, that ultimately led me to this rewarding career shift!
My mum also continues to play a huge part in my quest to help people get out of pain and feeling better. She contracted Polio aged 3, now suffers from Post Polio Syndrome, and more recently was diagnosed with Parkinson's. It is so easy for us to fall into the habit of taking our health and wellbeing for granted, and it is frightening to see those close to you robbed of good health, coupled with the detrimental impact that has on a person's quality of life.
I’m devoted to continue to research, learn and integrate the best modalities and techniques from across the preventative healthcare sector to help my community alleviate their chronic and acute pain, discomfort, mobility issues and stress levels.
With the firm belief that 'applied knowledge is power' - and not one to ever twiddle my thumbs - I'm currently obtaining the highest massage qualification in the UK, the Jing Advanced Clinical & Sports Massage Therapy (BTEC 6). This degree-level qualification shows an incredibly high-level of clinical knowledge, advanced practitioner mastery, commitment to client care and impeccable industry standards.
Empowering clients to not only get out of pain for good, but often to help transform their health - and lives - continues to be a privilege.
Contact me to explore how I can help you...
Some of my qualifications and training...
Advanced Massage & Bodywork qualifications:
• Advanced Clinical & Sports Massage Therapy (BTEC, Level 6 degree-level) - Jing Institute of Advanced Massage [in progress]
• Advanced Clinical & Sports Massage Therapy (BTEC, Level 6 CPD courses) - Jing Institute of Advanced Massage
• Advanced Myofascial Release Therapy - Jing Institute of Advanced Massage
• Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy (BTEC, Level 5) - Jing Institute of Advanced Massage
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Low Back pain
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Neck & Upper Shoulder pain
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMD/TMJ) & Jaw pain
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Shoulder Girdle pain
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Forearm, Wrist & Hand pain
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Hip & Pelvis pain
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Leg, Knee & Foot pain
- Working with Scar Tissue
- Working with the Spine
• Bodywork Beginnings: Deep Tissue & Holistic Massage (Level 3) - Jing Institute of Advanced Massage
• Oncology Massage - Susan Findlay
• Essential Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques (MAT) course - DaltonMyoskeletal™ [in progress]
• Technique Tour course - DaltonMyoskeletal™ [in progress]
• Neurovascular Release for the Jaw and Head - Anatomy Trains
• Introduction to Craniosacral Therapy - Anatomy Trains
Pilates, Movement & Wellness qualifications:
• Comprehensive Pilates Instructor course (reformer, trapeze table, chair, ladder barrel & mat) - Polestar™ Pilates [in progress]
• Gateway Pilates, Polestar Principles & Comprehensive Pilates online courses - Polestar™ Pilates
• Diploma in Pilates Mat Instructor course, Level 3 - Health & Fitness Education (HFE)
• Principles of Exercise, Fitness & Health (PEFH), Level 2 - Health & Fitness Education (HFE)
• MELT Instructor: Level 1 Training - MELT Method [in progress]
• UK Hypopressives: Level 1 Training - UK Hypopressives [in progress]
• Movement Sequencing in Mat Pilates - The Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute (APPI)
• Pilates & Hypermobility - The Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute (APPI)
• Pilates for Lower Back Pain - The Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute (APPI)
• Movement Strategies for the Hypermobile Client - Jeannie di Bon: Movement Therapy
Our Covid Precautions
For New Clients: as a courtesy, we'll phone you prior to your first session for a quick initial 3-5min chat.
Please arrive on time for your appointment - hand gel is readily available.
Your temperature will be taken upon arrival & we have a quick Covid questionnaire for you to fill out.
All surfaces in the treatment room (including equipment) are thoroughly disinfected with medical-grade wipes/spray prior to each appointment; our treatment rooms are well ventilated too.
Your practitioner will be in new PPE for each client.
Currently clients' face masks must be worn during your treatment (it's not as uncomfortable as you think!).
Private 1:1 Pilates/MELT Method can now continue in person (face masks still need to be worn).