Who I Am, What I Do & Why I Do It
Hello, I'm Charlie Lowry-Corry, Head Practitioner at Revive + Restore Therapies - Alresford's Leading Advanced Massage & Movement Clinic.
Alongside being an Advanced Clinical & Sports Massage (Level 5; degree Level 6 in progress), Movement & Pilates practitioner, I'm Clinic & Managing Director of The Wellbeing Space in Farnham (Surrey) - a multi-disciplinary preventative health clinic & studio.
The dedication I have for this vital sector, is rooted in a desire to help others to get out of musculoskeletal pain, assist them to move with ease, and to improve the overall wellbeing of those in our local community. Now more than ever, we’re acutely aware of the pivotal role prevention plays in our quest for good health.
As the quote goes, 'it is health that is real wealth...'.
For me, this wasn't so when I was working in the fascinating - but incredibly intense - world of television as a Documentary Producer. I found that preventative musculoskeletal treatments coupled with fitness (Crossfit, Pilates, cycling & running in particular) to be the key to rapidly improving my functional health and mental wellbeing after one too many burnouts - seen by many as a badge of honour.
This was a lightbulb moment for me that led me to this rewarding career shift. And due to witnessing those very close to me robbed of health - and the detrimental impact that has on a person's quality of life - I’m devoted to continue to research, learn and integrate the best modalities and techniques from across the preventative healthcare sector to help people get out of pain...for good.
With the firm belief that 'applied knowledge is power' - and not one to twiddle my thumbs - I'm currently working towards the highest massage qualification in the UK, the Advanced Clinical & Sports Massage Therapy (BTEC 6). This degree-level qualification shows an incredibly high-level of clinical knowledge, commitment to client care, advanced practitioner mastery and impeccable industry standards.
Empowering clients to not only get out of pain for good, but often to help transform their health - and lives - continues to be a privilege.
Do reach out to me to see how I could help you...
Some of my qualifications and training...
• Advanced Clinical & Sports Massage Therapy (BTEC, Level 6) - Jing Institute of Advanced Massage [in progress]
• Advanced Clinical & Sports Massage Therapy (BTEC, Level 5) - Jing Institute of Advanced Massage
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Low Back pain
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Neck & Upper Shoulder pain
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMD) & Jaw pain
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Shoulder Girdle pain
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Forearm, Wrist & Hand pain
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Hip & Pelvis pain
- Advanced Clinical Massage for Leg, Knee & Foot pain
• Advanced Clinical & Sports Massage Therapy (BTEC, Level 6 online CPD courses) - Jing Institute of Advanced Massage
• Bodywork Beginnings: Deep Tissue & Holistic Massage (Level 3) - Jing Institute of Advanced Massage
• Essential Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques (MAT) course - DaltonMyoskeletal™ [in progress]
• Technique Tour course - DaltonMyoskeletal™
• Neurovascular Release for the Jaw and Head - Anatomy Trains
• Introduction to Craniosacral Therapy - Anatomy Trains
• Gateway Pilates, Polestar Principles & Comprehensive Pilates online courses - Polestar™ Pilates
• Comprehensive Pilates Instructor course (reformer, trapeze table, chair, ladder barrel & mat) - Polestar™ Pilates [in progress]
• Diploma in Pilates Mat Instructor course, Level 3 - Health & Fitness Education (HFE)
• Principles of Exercise, Fitness & Health (PEFH), Level 2 - Health & Fitness Education (HFE)
• MELT Instructor: Level 1 Training - MELT Method [in progress]
• Movement Sequencing in Mat Pilates - The Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute (APPI)
• HIIT Pilates teacher training - The Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute (APPI) [in progress]
• Pilates & Hypermobility - The Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute (APPI)
• Pilates for Lower Back Pain - The Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute (APPI)
• Movement Strategies for the Hypermobile Client - Jeannie di Bon: Movement Therapy